FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:50 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
My apologies for not being clear...

Full-service airlines have structured their product offering along two different lines: Premium service centered around first and business class cabins and the multiple economy type constructs. For the premium type service, they charge a hefty, quite substantial price differential from the economy type service. My expectation therefore is that if I am asked to pay what amounts to sometimes 20 times the going rate of the economy product, I then I demand a superior product from all aspects. Thus, I expect to be first to board, I expect to have full meals with proper china and cutlery, I expect my luggage to be off first, I expect to have lounge access, and I expect to be able to choose a seat at time of booking without being charged extra to do so. Anything less is a not a premium product offering and it is ridiculous charging such hefty premiums.
You are basically confirming the point you were trying to clarify in the previous post: US domestic F, which can be extremely expensive does not include lounge access with most airlines. For that matter, it doesn't include meals either on flights that can be more than 2 hours long. Both can be a shock to many.