FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:00 pm
hudsonlaluna

Programs: UA, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Omni
I just booked a P fare biz class EWR-FCO for mid-August and well, it looks like it is a 777-200 with the 3-class configuration. When it was time to choose seats, all the 8 old first class seats were grayed out and about half the 2-4-2 seats were also grayed out. It's been a couple years since I've flown biz class on the 2-4-2 but I recall it was rather uncomfortable and unpleasant due to the proximity and hence disturbances of fellow passengers (in the 4person section).

I'm also a lowly 1K and wondering if that's why I didn't have the option of choosing one of the old Global First seats? The flight is more than 2 months away and I have a hard time believing that all those seats have already been bought by GS passengers.

Separately, what are the chances, if any, of the flight swapping out to an aircraft with the actual Polaris seats, if anyone is familiar with the NYC to Rome route...? Am just dreading the experience of that 2-4-2 seating and lack of privacy.

Thanks