FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chiang Rai to Bali Flights & Purchasing Thai Lion Air Tickets
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:49 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"For what its worth, I made an attempt to book the AirAsia flights, but they wouldn't ticket together on the same reservation and having two separate reservations just seemed even more silly than not having seats or baggage on Thai Lion Air."

I ran into this same problem with Thai Air Asia, couldn't book CEI-DMK-DPS on FlyThrough (one ticket). I assume they don't offer this service ex-CEI, even though it is an international airport and they have a flight to SIN. Suspect it's due to local airport Immigration restrictions but that's just a guess. Piecing together two tickets, CEI-DMK and DMK-DPS, on FD, seems risky and complex.

I can't even get past the flight selection page on Thai Lion Air, and I'm in Thailand. Classic Thai websites.

This page isn’t working search.lionairthai.com took too long to respond.
HTTP ERROR 504

But the SL549/SL258 combo gives you a 3:35 layover at DMK which should be safe-ish.

Note that Lion Air does offer LionConnect at DMK, but I think that's only for inbound fights like DPS-DMK-CEI, and not for departing flights like CEI-DMK-DPS. So suspect you'll have to claim, re-check bags, clear departing Imm. at DMK. Maybe not, but do prepare such a thing in case.

Last edited by transpac; Jun 5, 2019 at 6:08 pm