FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - articles fm Business Traveler & Blick: Does Swiss catering still feature 'Swissness'?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:57 pm
worldclubber

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
In the LX SEN lounges, food is not better than on board, if not worse. I was yesterday in ZRH SEN A. There were disgusting fried fish nuggets, overcooked pasta dumped in cream (claimed to be carbonara) and some rice. If that food was for sale, noboby would have bought it, exept maybe at the top of a mountain in a blizzard with no other supply in a 100km radius.
Food at the ZRH SEN lounges was pretty good after the E lounge opened and then cuts were implemented, when they realized that "Swissness" is expensive.

I loved the grilled to order fish and meat they had in the first year. Now it is more like reheated soup/stew from a can, cheap pasta, deep fried previously frozen convenience crap such as fish/chicken nuggets etc. -- no Swissness whatsoever and just plain disappointing.

For a while, I would always use LX via ZRH when I had a choice and the connection was not much more inconvenient than on LH. That is over.