FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:03 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by subject2load
And very often the picture is rather different, and you will have to pay a higher fare with BA, quite apart from their additional seat fees.

Take a popular route such as LHR-DXB. Random example dates in J class, out June 19, back June 26 :

lowest fare, with BA = £ 1978

lowest fare, with EK = £ 1904

And there are of course various other (included) benefits when flying EK.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Surprising a state run airline can't always offer a cheaper direct fare to its home hub than the competition. Maybe something to do with the EU investigation into how they operate?
Originally Posted by HMPS
That is certainly news to some of us...a link or copy of article please ?

BTW as a CUSTOMER matters not to me whether an airline is Govt owned ..if the fare, SERVICE, ground experiences are better, they get my money.
Well you just need to GOOGLE something like - eu commission unfair competition airlines - that should return enough material to give you the gist of it.
Strange, I never got as many as that. Sure out of habit you didn't type 'Why is BA CUSTOMER SERVICE so bad'?
Originally Posted by HMPS
Good effort at deflecting a question ! Are you sure you did not work in the Govt ?
And BTW, the mentions of poor BA CUSTOMER Service are becoming more frequent.
The first page of search results will be enough to give you the info you're after. EK do seem to have started changing their ways. I suspect QR will as well especially if they want to remain part of Oneworld.
You've had a nightmare there HIDDY... Surely you can directly point to where the EU are investigating EK as you stated?