FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16th Time Around (The World) 25,925 miles AC/AY/CX J, AA F
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:56 am
GetSetJetSet
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Great start!! Look forward to your write-up on your visit in Helsinki - one of my favourite cities.
I should have a bit up tomorrow. I got in, breezed through immigration, then had a difficult time finding the uber pick up, as they are doing construction and have moved the area from where it used to be back in Nov./Dec. The traffic into the center was horrific today, in all my years of visiting Helsinki, I don't ever recall so many tourists! Also, as per the guy next to me at immigration there's some sort of UN conference going on in Espoo, so maybe that added to it. I'm at The Kamp now, while they apologized, they were unable to upgrade me (first time in 10+ years this has been the case!) as the hotel is actually sold out of everything but deluxe rooms. I got in around 12, unpacked, took a 4-5 nap to augment my mediocre plane sleep, hit the Kamp gym/spa and now i'm getting ready to go meet an old hockey buddy for some beers.