FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for neighborhoods in ATL, RDU, BNA area
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:59 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
My brother has lived in Nashville for almost 25 years. have travelled there over 100 times...am very familiar with the city.

home prices in Nashville have skyrocketed.my brother has had 2 homes. He bought one on the east side of Nashville where it was designated a historic neightborhood. When he did interior remodeling he had to follow historic code. The home he bought had a carpeted undeveloped heated atic. He went in and made it 2 BR, 1 bath, and laundry room area. Downstairs the kitchen and dinning room were merged along with the master bedroom into a larger kitchen. He sold it a yr after doing this because he hated driving the kids. He sold this home and moved closer to where he worked and the kids went to school. He moved around the time the time the housing market was about to collapse around 2006-2007.

The place he moved to is in walking distance of work and the kids school. This home has more than doubled since he bought it.

The problem in the city is traffic. its a problem living in the outer city area then commuting into downtown. There isnt much public transportation

The city has a good lifestyle with various options on stuff to do.

I have traveled to Atlanta multple times for work. For years I had relatives there.

Atlanta does have a subway line linking the airport to the downtown area. this is a place where things are very separate. Atlanta Braves had a stadum built not in downtown but where their fans seemed to live mostly. It also happens to be in the area of CNN and COKE H\Q. Atlanta is just spread out.

I almost when to grad school at NC State.

With Raleigh Durham are 3 cities separated by 10 miles each. Raleigh is the state capitol and NC State, The Arena the Carolina Hurricanes play is on the NC state campus next to the footballk stadium. Durham has Duje, and then Chapeal Hill has UNC. there is a large tech area called RTP...research triangle park.

I would say no to Atlanta.

Tennessee is a no income tax state.