FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag Fees for AS Itinerary with AA Codeshare
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:54 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by eyechip
To further the idea of this being a shell game that most don't get...the blog Upgraded Points did a full article in April on checked bag policies for Alaska. On there she listed that AA elites booked on AA codeshare flights with Alaska are exempt from bag fees. I brought to her attention my situation and she was surprised and changed her article. So, that is an Exec Plat with decades of flying experience AND a well known blogger who is an expert with all things Alaska that were deceived in this. We are not talking Granny Mabel from Iowa flying to see her grandchildren that was confused.

Get woke.
FWIW your last 2 posts I fully understood before made my 1st post!

The only difference had been it me was I would have confirmed with AS what if any fees Id pay for my bag/s before my cancellation period ended. I did this when my Itin is not only on 1 carrier, now I assume that if my 1st segment is not the carrier I have status with then bags are $$$ and if its a partner member of *A that its 50 lbs max and not UAs 70, and if OW then its 50 lbs If its a codeshare flight and not my status carriers metal then all bets are off if its not an alliance member and I expected ZILCH

I just dont think that AS has to go by what AA or any other carrier has written down, just as AA doesnt have to go by what AS has written down, I wouldnt expect AS to allow me to take 2 bags @ 70 lbs if its a UA codeshared flight since thats what UA allows me , just as LX wouldnt and they are a *A partner, LXs max is 50 @ 2

Maybe you just cant understand my English, you have the right to disagree with me but I still feel its AA that messed up either for not clearly stating that if its not AA metal you get zilch or for implying that your bags are free when they knew it wasnt

AS did nothing wrong unless they agreed with AA that they would treat AA code-shares as if its AA metal, which I highly doubt