FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:22 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by webstereo
I'm soon going to be flying RJ/BA to LHR. On BA I'm allowed 3 pieces but on RJ only 2. So I was wondering if it would work to wrap a bag and a box (3rd piece is a box not a bag) to combine to one in order to have only two pieces? The weight is not a lot - all pieces probably under 30 kgs.
Can this be done os is it a bonkers idea?
You posted in the Qatar Airways forum, which might not be the best place to get an answer, since the question does not relate to QR.

Are you on one ticket, which airline did you buy it from, and which one do you fly first. A bit more details will make it easier to answer your questions in terms of luggage allowance.

But, as long as your wrapping them together does not make them over size, it could probably work. Also, I would avoid it as well if it gets quite odd shaped. Too many extra opportunities to get caught in the luggage handling systems.