FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:57 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by flyer0123

Maybe BA should care. The so called once in a lifetime flyer maybe starting the first of many more years of flying BA.
If my memory serves right, I read in another thread on upgrades, the experts here had mentioned that BA many times upgrades people with no status to entice them to buy upper cabin next time
so in one case BA entices and in another doesn’t care? Doesn’t make sense to me and I am not an expert on BA
What the small minds don’t see is the fees no one else gets away with, AND the outdated seats, dirty planes, poor service are all by products of basically a monopoly player in the market.

For someone who needs to fly directly to a choice of destinations from the UK and prefers J class travel. There are no close substitutes, no slots at Heathrow and they’ve bought or signed joint ventures with any ‘apparent’ competitors.

The growing passanger numbers and profits are not signs of business success just an effect of a growing overall market and supernormal profits from heaps of fees and abuse of a monopoly position.

Smarter people know that a monopoly practices and anticompetitive markets mean higher prices and poorer service for all, it’s not just about elites vs. once a year customers. Everyone suffers...

Enticing is all they care about, they have the customers locked in, the only thing they have to work at is getting a bit more than they otherwise would have spent from those that are willing.