Old Jun 4, 19, 10:40 pm
skywalkerLAX

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pentiumii View Post
I waited about a month because somewhere on their site I read that it could take 4-8 weeks. I finally went through the Cathay website to get the information needed to send in the boarding passes and ticket information. Within a couple of days the CX miles were in the alaska account, but the cathay dragon we took from Han-hkg did not post. I waited a few more days and finally resent that portion. This time I received a note from Cathay that dragon did not have a relationship with alaska and some other instructions for contacting companies to have them credited somewhere else. I gave up.

We have only done one side of this ticket. I tried to go in and change the airline affiliation number but couldn't remember how and decided to deal with it later, maybe even at the counter. I frankly don't need those miles for such a short leg but it was in business, so I guess it is worth something. Receiving so many alaska miles for the first class leg was tremendous. As a datapoint, cathay never responded to any emails if they felt they had fixed the problem, the miles would just show up.
Cathay Dragon flights won't post to Alaska, I credited those to BAEC.

The operating airline usually can't speed up the crediting of miles individually so emailing them about this is futile.