FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New helicopter service to link San Francisco Bay area airports
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:06 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Voom seems to be an Airbus company, currently operating in Sao Paulo and Mexico City, but with a management team in Seattle. It seems to be an on-demand service, rather than scheduled but clearly they've got big money behind them so might well decide to do such a thing. I wonder, though, about the demand. I can't see a service between Bay Area airports as it's easy to drive between SFO and SJC and there's not much connectivity required for OAK. About the only thing that would make any sense (ie where there's demand and money to pay for it) would be Marin to any of the airports. Would be an amazing flight.
Yeah I heard it was Airbus so they must have the funding. They did have (years back) heli service to SFO, OAK, and SJC out of Sausalito and my business partener used it occasionally. Now with the Bay area traffic even worse I am not surprised someone is taking another stab at it. Yesterday went to SJC for $250 limo service one way so I can see it. Also, in the future they may not be actual helicopters but some kind of vertical take off vehicle. Well maybe not tomorrow but a few years down the road.