FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Originally Posted by pentiumii
I waited about a month because somewhere on their site I read that it could take 4-8 weeks. I finally went through the Cathay website to get the information needed to send in the boarding passes and ticket information. Within a couple of days the CX miles were in the alaska account, but the cathay dragon we took from Han-hkg did not post. I waited a few more days and finally resent that portion. This time I received a note from Cathay that dragon did not have a relationship with alaska and some other instructions for contacting companies to have them credited somewhere else. I gave up.

We have only done one side of this ticket. I tried to go in and change the airline affiliation number but couldn't remember how and decided to deal with it later, maybe even at the counter. I frankly don't need those miles for such a short leg but it was in business, so I guess it is worth something. Receiving so many alaska miles for the first class leg was tremendous. As a datapoint, cathay never responded to any emails if they felt they had fixed the problem, the miles would just show up.
On the Cathay site you are given an option to add your FF number to each segment of the flights. We used AS for the long haul and AA for the cathay dragon segment and both posted within a week or so of flying. Save your boarding pass and ticket number if they don't post and there are forms to download and email in to get the credit if it doesn't post. I don't believe that Cathay is the one to post, it should be the other FF program that does it (so that would explain why they didn't respond).
Hope this helps you.