FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16th Time Around (The World) 25,925 miles AC/AY/CX J, AA F
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:40 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
AA 3957
YYZ-JFK
Embraer ERJ-140
N817AE
Seat 11A (Y)
Flight #48 of 2019

Well, that AM enthusiasm for RJ travel was beaten out of me pretty quickly. Our flight left from A9, which is the basement gate at YYZ T3. You go down the stairs, walk out of the terminal and onto the plane. This particular RJ was 17+ years old and in poor shape. Right away, I was reminded I dislike the E140, because i'm too tall to stand up straight in the cabin, always nice.

I selected the exit row (11 A) on the single side at time of booking. The all economy lay out is 1-2 throughout the cabin. As far as seats on this plane go, 11A is probably as good as it gets. The seat had also seen better days. When I inched forward, the cushion slid with me and wanted to come off of the seat entirely.

This was only a 1h3m flight though, so really how bad could it be. The single FA made a valiant effort and did a drink service and passed out pretzels. I declined both and opted to close my eyes. It's already been a long day, and I'm now posted up in the JFK Flagship Lounge for the next two hours until boarding for Helsinki. Hopefully AY have loaded some new movies into the IFE system, because on AY 5 from HEL-JFK a mere 9 days ago I had a RILL tough time finding movies worth watching. It is a new month however, and hope springs eternal.
I like 1A on the E140/5. The legroom, not to mention the privacy, is great. Then again, I'm not 6'3'' or anything like that, so having the under-seat storage space of 11A maybe makes a difference.