FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F meals not catered on 1000 mile flight
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:49 am
AJNEDC

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Ok, let's go with your example. For your McDonald's example, I actually had something similar happen to me at Wendy's. They forgot to put Fries in my drive thru order. I didn't realize it until I got home. I called the manager of the store and asked for a refund of the fries portion since I paid for it. Instead of just refunding me the dollar and change for it, he mailed me a $10 gift card. That was what I call good customer service and a company actually making things right when making a mistake.

The problem is AA screwed up. This has nothing to do with travel. This has to do with AA promising a meal when making a booking. They did not deliver and they should do something to make up for that. As a consumer, it is up to me to determine what that is and work with AA on a fair resolution. To me, it's more than just the cost of the meal, but the fact that I was expecting a meal and now had to go a few hours without it because of their mistake.

I know not everyone agrees, but when a company screws up, it is up to me as a customer to hold them accountable.
I agree with you 100%