FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stroller/Carrier for a 3 year old on KLM Cityhopper to AMS
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:07 am
DeeGee26.2

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Stroller/Carrier for a 3 year old on KLM Cityhopper to AMS

Hi, hope this is the correct place for this.

We're a family of four, dad, mum, a 9 year old and a 3 year old. The 9 year old has flown with me a few times, he's a seasoned pro. We haven't taken the three year old on a flight yet, but are keen to get out more, so we've booked a flight from Humberside to Schiphol at the end of the month to see if she can cope with the 45-minute hop before booking anything longer.

We're going to go from Schiphol to Leiden by train to overnight, then return the next day AMS-HUY.

The three year old girl is just beginning to not need a nap in the afternoon, but she needs a lot of carrying or to be put in a stroller if we're spending time on our feet.

Now, I reckon that getting around would be easier if I put her in the backpack we have for her, rather than having to lug a stroller round. As we're only going to be travelling very light HBO we can share a single rollaboard between the four of us.

KLM have told me that I can use a stroller up to the gate and then take it on board if there is space or gate check it if not, at no extra charge, but am I likely to be able to do the same with a backpack carrier? It's shorter and lighter than the stroller, and would probably take up less space?

Of course, I could tweet KLM to ask...?