FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jordan - wadi rum camp recommendation
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:53 pm
missko

I ended up staying at Desert Rose Camp because I decided en suite was a necessity. I was definitely concerned about going to Wadi Rum because of the number of unreliable reviews about the various campsites. I went with Desert Rose Camp because the owner was very responsive while I was planning the trip and never pushy. I decided to give his camp a shot. I was really pleased with the facilities and especially the service at Desert Rose Camp.

The room was very clean as was the en suite bathroom. No sand inside despite being in the middle of the desert. The en suite shower had excellent water pressure. My tent had running water and electricity 24 hours a day. Solar panels generate the electricity - the one thing Jordan has no shortage of is sun! Water, however, is scarce - Desert Rose brings in water from the village by truck. I'm sure this is the case for the other camps since the desert is off the grid.

Jordan is an expensive company for visitors. Desert Rose Camp was one of the few places in Jordan I felt was good value.

Note that Wadi Rum is for the physically fit. The 4x4 tours take you to various places where you can walk up sand dunes (hard work!), climb up interesting rock formations, walk through canyons. The tours are not about sitting in the back of a truck and taking in the sites; they are about interacting with them.