FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I supposed to receive a free night certificate? (August renewal SPG credit card)
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:55 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by vulches
I closed my Amex SPG account some time ago (2017 I believe) but then a free night showed up in my Marriott account. I called Amex to make sure I don’t have an account still open and they confirmed the only ones I have are those I expected (none of them Marriott related). Has this happened to anyone else? Happy to take a free night but worried there’s some annual fee accruing somewhere that I’ve lost track of.
The other most likely source of free nights is if you have a Chase Marriott card open. If both Amex and Chase say you don't, then may be a clerical error in your favor. It's also possible you received a free night directly from Marriott for some reason or another, possibly including as a 75-night choice benefit, or as some sort of promotion or freebie (Marriott sent a bunch of elite members free $30-50 gift cards out of the blue recently, I suppose it's also possible they're sending out free nights to some people?).