FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get JAL Global club credit card?
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:43 am
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by drk5036
Just so I understand...If I apply for the JAL Club A card and get approved, I will get invited to join JGC and then the card I receive will be a JAL Club A JGC card? Or will I need to get a JAL Club A card, then apply for another JGC credit card?

Sorry for being so dense, and thanks for all your help!
Not exactly. Details in Japanese are here (link), but in summary, you have two options.

OPTION 1: (If you already applied for ANY JAL card)
Once approved and CC is sent to you, then login into my jalcard (link)
then on the top left, click on 「カードの切替・追加」= add/change credit card
then on the next page shown, click on 「JALグローバルクラブへの入会」= join JGC club.
you should get your updated card in your post with exact same CC number as your former normal card, without needing any new credit checks.

OPTION 2: (If you dont have a JAL CC)
Login to the usual JMB homepage (link), and scroll down to the very bottom, to select a credit card.
"Select the card that best suits you".
From there, you select JALCARD, and you will be taken to the JAL card selection page.
Select JAL Club A (VISA/MC etc, any brand you like within this Club A selection), and you go through the standard CC signup process.
Before completing the process, the invitation to join JGC will pop up 「JALグローバルクラブへの入会」= join JGC club.
Once you of course select this, then the standard process for CC applications proceeds.

(Online form -> they will send you by post the additional forms to fill-> you send back with all supporting documents
-> they decide that you are creditworthy to give you the credit card (or not)
->if successful, the JGC card will be sent to you.
If rejected, wait 6 months to reapply == or call to ask why & if there are additional documents or info. you can send them so they can reconsider the decision)

Essentially, it is quite risky to start on the JGC process (booking flights and crediting mileage) if you aren't already sure you will get the JGC card = Haven't already applied for and gotten approval for a JAL card.
You have until the end of your status period (next year March) to get the CC, otherwise back to another 50K FOP run the next year.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Jun 3, 2019 at 8:58 am