FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Langley - Luxury Collection, Iver Heath, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jun 3, 19, 2:05 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Quick 5 minute summary, will do a more detailed review when I get chance hopefully this evening.

Beautiful building, yes it is 'glossy international' in style rather than ye olde English country house, but historical features have also been preserved too (some changes clearly can't be made as the main house is largely Grade II* listed and the brew house is also Grade II listed). Guest rooms and most of the public areas work well, I'd say only a couple of rooms feel a bit at risk of having being 'Disney-fied' - namely the Cedar Room (main restaurant) and the Churchill Bar. Both have a slight air of a St. Regis in Asia trying to imitate what they think those rooms should look like. Spa is also beautiful, top of the range everywhere and really quite large. Perfect weather for the opening this weekend which helped to show the hotel in the best light.

This is the first time I've stayed in a hotel on opening night, so difficult to tell how critical to be of the service. Few small issues here and there during my stay, but to say it was the first night the hotel had been fully open I think it went pretty smoothly over all. Hopefully the little issues will all be ironed out.

Of the features described on the website the outdoor pool appears finished but they've had a few pre-opening issues so is not yet available (18m indoor pool is fully functional and very nice, see below). The tennis courts also sadly don't exist yet.

Few teaser photos below