Old Jun 1, 19, 4:18 pm
GetSetJetSet

Programs: Many
16th Time Around (The World) 25,925 miles AC/AY/CX J, AA F

This one kicks off on Tuesday, I suppose I'll update as we go. The full routing is EWR-YYZ-JFK-HEL-CDG-HEL-SIN-HKG-DFW-MEX-DFW-JFK

This one was another beautiful feat of advance planning. A while back there was a deal, something like $1,800 for AA flights ex-HKG to CUN/MEX in J. This nets close to 40k EQM. I booked HKG-DFW-MEX in June, allowing me to finally spend a few days in Mexico City, and CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG in Sept., allowing me a long weekend in Tulum in September before flying to HKG to pick up another ticket to get back to Europe in time for Oktoberfest. After booking, I realized I had more SWUs than I would be able to burn on Y-->J upgrades this year, so I managed to use SWU on the HKG-DFW and LAX-HKG flights, meaning this would now be an F roundtrip for under $2,000. Not bad.

Speaking of that other fare. AGAIN thanks to the premium fare deals forum, I jumped on an ex-YYZ AY J fare and booked YYZ-JFK-HEL-SIN, HKG-HEL-LHR-YYZ. I broke this up in such a way with stopovers, that I would fly the first portion to get to HEL in June, then buy a connecting flight to Paris for a ~2 week stay to oversee the final stages of the renovation on my apartment there. I would then get back to HEL and resume this fare HEL-SIN, visit with friends in Singapore before using Avios to take CX J up to Hong Kong for a weekend with my HKG friends. Next, the front end of the AA fare described above. The HKG-HEL portion of this fare would be used in concert with the back end of the AA fare above to get from Asia to Europe in time for Oktoberfest in September and the final HEL-LHR-YYZ portion and AA connection to JFK would be left for December, when it would be used to get home before Christmas after a NYC-YYZ-BOM award (UA Miles) then a revenue ticket on AI to Kerala, an AA award TRV-DOH-LHR, a stop in London with a 2 day side trip to Venice, and finally a London to Helsinki AY J Avios award to get on the final leg and complete the ticket HEL-LHR-YYZ then pop home on an AA RJ.

As mentioned, the final pieces stitching this itinerary together are: 1. AC J revenue ticket EWR-YYZ early in the AM, to position myself to get back on a YYZ-JFK flight the same day to link up with the TATL flight ex-JFK, 2. AY Y revenue tickets HEL-CDG-HEL to get to/from Paris, 3. CX J Avios award SIN-HKG, 4. AA Y revenue ticket MEX-DFW-JFK, hoping to score upgrades on one or both legs closer to time of flight as an AA EXP.

For those of you interested in the hotels, planning to stay at the Hotel Kamp in Helsinki (twice), as this is my favorite hotel in Scandinavia. I think after these two visits, I will have been there perhaps 10 times? The Ritz-Carlton in Singapore (sadly no Bonvoy earning ), Hotel Madera on Hollywood Road in HKG (mixing it up, trying something new), and the Four Seasons in Mexico City.

If you have any recommendations for these places, please do share, the first installment should be up from YYZ while I wait on the YYZ-JFK leg.

Full list of flights (as of now):
EWR-YYZ AC J
YYZ-JFK AA Y (MONOCLASS)
JFK-HEL AY J
HEL-CDG AY Y
CDG-HEL AY Y
HEL-SIN AY J
SIN-HKG CX J
HKG-DFW AA F
DFW-MEX AA J
MEX-DFW AA Y
DFW-JFK AA Y

Should earn 42,926 EQM with AA which would put me way over EXP qualification for the year (I am around 87k at the moment).

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Jun 12, 19 at 6:08 pm