FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else remember Dan Air?
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:29 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by mlafqtv
Also flew with them several times, from mid-60's to one of thier final flights CDG/LGW in November 1992. Flew Comets several times, as well as thier BAC1-11, Boeing 727 and 737 aircraft.
Attached cabin plan is from a Clarksons holiday to Nea Makri, Greece in August 72. Guess which seats we had!

What a marvellous relic. We would have been flying from Ringway (always remember the Alcock and Brown sculpture and I have some memory of something to do with Icarus there) I'd love to find the pricing, and it would have been 1972 too. If you have the whole catalogue, could you see if it includes packages to the Messonghi Beach Hotel in Corfu?

My recollection is that as a family of five we were across a full row, probably in a similar mid cabin position. I had the left side window seat on both inbound and outbound, but I was nominally sharing with my older sister. Crossing the Alps was a big event, lots of excitement in the cabin bearing in mind people hardly flew in those days. And everyone dressed up, even for a package holiday.