View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 19, 12:11 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by BenCali View Post
On 7/2018 I booked 7 nights at Koloa landing in Kauai which was a category 8 at that time for 360k points (60K/night for 6 nights plus 1 free night). Couple of days ago, the hotel cancelled my reservation saying I have insufficient points. I reached out to U.S. Marriott several times (so far 9 times) and the reps have opened 3 cases without any resolution.

I reached out to Marriott Bonvoy Assist twitter team and they are pointing me back to the CSR route. I even spoke to Ambassador desk who had no clue about this whole program. My reservation is on June 7, so I am running against the time now. I'd originally booked the 'Hotel + Plus Air Package 1' for 7 nights @ Category 8 Hotel + 120K Avios for 360K points.

If I convert the old certificate into a new one what will be the code? Will I be able to book the same hotel with the new certificate since points required went up under the new system?

Your responses are highly appreciated.
Did you attach the certificate to the reservation, or was it a points advance reservation for the past 11 months? If the latter, why did you not attach the certificate?

Last edited by margarita girl; Jun 1, 19 at 2:15 am