FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Business Class airline JFK-MXP
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2019, 6:01 pm
wjbesh

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by richarddd
Reviving this, is there any significant difference between the AA and DL seats?

At the moment, the DL flight is scheduled to land about 15 minutes earlier, which if it doesn't change, would be advantageous for catching a train. The last time we flew to MXP, we missed a train by less than 5 minutes and had to wait hours for the next. I realize schedules changes and flights can be delayed. The EK flight is better for sleep, but not for other timing.
One person's opinion...frankly not a huge difference, especially if you're asleep the whole time, they're both reverse herringbone configurations. I think there's a slight edge to AA, but it's not huge. DL flies its A330s, which I think are kind of dated but are functional. AA flies 772s (and I think the flight to MXP doesn't have the older alternating Zodiac seats, which definitely have their issues...if it were the Zodiac seats on the AA 772 I'd say it's a total wash). The newer 772s have better storage at the seat, better tray tables, and larger IFE screens, and I think just feel like a nicer hard product than DL. But they're both reverse herringbone 1-2-1, and when it comes down to it not different enough for me to merit AA over DL if you're worried about timing.