FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM arbitrarily reduces expense refund after canceled flight
Old May 31, 2019, 1:22 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tosaerba24
A week later, I receive an email saying that the amount has been reduced to 226 GBP because of unspecified "legislation" that limits refunds for accommodation to 190 EUR.
This is simply not true. There is no such legislation. If they think that there is, ask them to quote exactly what that mythical bit of legislation is supposed to be.

Originally Posted by erik123
I have been refused compensation in strike cases as the airline is not considered responsible.
The OP is not talking of compensation but of reimbursement of accommodation as part of the airline's duty of care. That obligation holds regardless of the case for the cancellation and delay, even if it is an "extraordinary circumstance" that exempts the airline from the Article 7 compensation under the Regulation. The OP is therefore entitled to full compensation of his expenses, within reason (and it would have to be for KLM to demonstrate that his claim is unreasonable - given what the OP said, I cannot see how his claim could be regarded as unreasonable in the circumstances).