FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:06 pm
ravi100

Originally Posted by J_Dub
I think you'd have to get your Skymiles number added to the reservation instead of your Flying Club number, which I don't know if they'll do.

My own recent experience, found VA J seats from LAX to a few different Australian cities that would work for a trip, but the VS agents can't book them, they said it keeps coming back unconfirmed. However, I was able to get them to book 2 DL J seats LAX-SYD for 75K miles per person and about $56. I'm still looking, though, because these flights are about two days earlier than I want to depart. Also, I was hoping to avoid DL because we'll be flying with an infant and they are about the only airline with no bassinets in business class (and they are really a pain to get in Y as well). On the positive side, the planes are all getting upgraded to the new DL suites starting next March or May so it should be a nice J product over all.

J_DUB - see my post. Were you able to verify that those seats were actually business class on Delta? My experience booking LAX-SYD was that the 75000 mile awards turned out to be
premium economy.