FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2019, 1:05 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by MarylandFlyer244
Hi everyone - it's been a while since I've been on FT. I tried reading through here best I can but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I have a 7 night (cat 6) cert that is expiring 9/30. I don't have any 7 night trips planned and realized I may need to convert or try to extend it. I do, however, have a 5-night stay at a Cat 6 in Hawaii in August currently for 200k points.

My question is, can I use my 7-night cert for a 5 night stay? I already checked and the place is available via points. Would I just call and tell them I want to book for 5 nights but to see if they can use that cert, or just book for 7 nights and leave early?
If the hotel is available for 7 nights, I would book it for all 7. If you want a late checkout, need to stay an extra day longer due to a flight cancellation or a couple of nights short of Ambassador status, you might appreciate an additional night or two.

If there are only 5 nights available, one should be able to use your certificate. Lastly, it has been reported here that certificates can be extended for another year.