FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA in the media 2019
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2019, 2:19 am
cosmo74

Programs: BA Gold
Whilst we're referring to the Daily Mail:

Kirstie Allsopp hits out at new Love Island contestant Amy Hart after the former British Airways air hostess branded her a 'nightmare' celebrity passenger

Kirstie Allsopp has hit back at Love Island newcomer Amy Hart after she branded her a 'nightmare' plane passenger. The Location, Location, Location host was named and shamed by the 26-year-old former British Airways air hostess, who cited her as her most difficult famous customer ever on a flight.

Amy had claimed Kirstie was 'up and down between business and economy' with her children during the course of a flight, and had to be put in her place. Kirstie famously revealed earlier this year that she won't let her two sons sit in business class with her because they have to learn it's a 'huge treat you've worked hard for'. The star and her partner Ben Andersen have instilled the rule that as soon as the kids were old enough (aged around seven), they have to sit in economy by themselves.

The formercabin crew member divulged she had to have a word with television presenter Kirstie when she worked as a junior cabin crew during her early days at the company. When quizzed about her experiences with celebrity passengers, Amy said: ‘I haven’t had any proper nightmares, the only one was Kirstie Allsopp because she kept going up and down with one kid and then coming back with two. ‘There were lots of spare seats in business class and she kept coming back with two kids, and I was like no if you’ve booked three seats [in business class] then you’ve booked three seats. ‘I was quite junior at the time so it was my manager who told me to, but I had to go over and tell them [that they couldn’t all sit there].’

Speaking out following Amy's allegations, Kirstie said it wasn't wise for the blonde to criticise her peers so publicly. She told HuffPost UK: 'Obviously, what happened with Amy must have been about five years ago – Bay is 12 now so he was probably travelling with his two bigger brothers and was resentful his little brother was still with me and his dad, so was probably going backwards and forwards. 'It literally shows so little empathy for the travelling parent. And also, she’s going to learn the hard way that it’s a lot better when you get on the celeb circuit not to be rude about other people. But oh boy, oh boy, will she learn.' Kirstie concluded: 'I may be completely wrong and I’m prepared to put my head on the block here – and maybe now loads of BA staff will come forward and say I’m the worst passenger on the plane – but I’m going to take the risk and say that Amy might be in the minority.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Amy-Hart.html

Sounds like this could also go in the DYKWIA or Celebs on BA threads