FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charlotte?
Thread: Charlotte?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2004, 4:17 pm
chicaloca453

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kreeft
FYI, US just announced GoFares to Knoxville. That'll make visiting the family easier. Just hope they don't find out, and have them expect me to visit every month!

I'm so happy to hear that. I love a competitive fare system. And we haven't seen it here since Air Tran left the market. DL just bullies the other carriers around and gives the airport ultimatums. They actually threatened to cut flights and pull out all jet service if a dominant LCC came into the market. But they're really not trying to compete with I. Maybe they don't take them seriously, but only UA and now US are trying to match them. I've not seen anybody matching the $54/each way that I has right now. But the 2 are the closest.

According to today's USA Today, US wants to restructure just like Southwest. They're talking to everybody about pay cuts. But the employees must really want to keep their jobs (unlike the DL pilots) because they're seriously considering them.

EDITED TO ADD:

I just checked the Go fares. $99 each way isn't THAT low. You can get that from coast to coast. I is $69 each way, as is UA. I'm very disappointed with these so called low fares so I guess it's still UA for me.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Aug 16, 2004 at 4:20 pm