View Single Post
Old May 30, 19, 8:28 pm
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta PM, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi Aldie,
RE: Hotels, I had a good "staycation" at the Eldon Suites Hotel. I'm not sure if it'll have the luxury you seek but it does have a kitchenette, etc, which might be helpful for a 6 night stay, that way you can store juices, bagels/ breakfast stuff. Just a suggestion. TBH, I don't recall if it has a pool or not. Also the JW Marriott at the Convention Center is lovely. As far as suggestions, I have an ongoing list of things to do in DC that I try to cover w/ my own of town visitors: White House, National Mall, Smithsonian Museums, National Zoo, Spy Museum, Museum of African American History (part of the Smithsonian Group), going out to Roosevelt Island, maybe a Nats game or DC United Soccer game? Also if you get really bored, you can do the MARC (commuter train) and take the 45 min ride up to Baltimore and enjoy a half day or so at the Aquarium then the other half of the day at the Baltimore Harbor. Again, just suggestions keeping in mind the kids' wants.