FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor, Speculation: AAdvantage Program Devaluation 31 Jul 2019
Old May 30, 2019, 7:09 pm
YouGeeElWhy

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by AndyAA
They simply can’t make SWU Y->W. In terms of value, that would be devastating. That has been rumoured countless number of times, and every time it has been proven to be unfounded.

Surely JonNYC can quash it again this time around.
I know most people will be aggravated (I do sympathize) by this change and my opinion is likely unpopular, but it is time AA did this. Everyone knew that as soon as W went in that is where Y would upgrade to eventually. This change helps AA better monetize W. I know many EPs will end up paying the extra money to buy a W ticket now and it will likely clear into J easier now. It is a win for AA and it is a win for people that can afford W (or their corporate policy limits them to W) from getting jumped by an EP in Y with higher spend.

I'll welcome the change too when AA officially adds W (Them adding drinks to MCE was the beginning) on their domestic flights and modifies the upgrade policy like DL has on their domestic upgrades. AA needs these changes (plus obviously de-OASIS-fying, which seems to be in the cards) to catch up with DLs RASM advantage.