FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I supposed to receive a free night certificate? (August renewal SPG credit card)
Old May 30, 2019, 12:37 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by yoketone
That in fact, is the reason - My annual fee bills in early June, even though the account anniversary shows in Aug. Thanks bgriff!

(still no reason for the BS cited above)
Hm, that particular combo sounds odd ... for most people it was something like, my account anniversary (i.e. the day I opened the card) was July 29 while the annual fee bills August 5. I didn't hear of anyone having a combo that far apart, and I believe generally the annual fee billed after (within a month after) the account anniversary.

Where are you seeing account anniversary? AFAIK there's no easy way to see that without asking Amex, unless you signed up very recently and have records. If your annual fee bills in early June most likely your account anniversary is in early June or late May. But in any case, you wouldn't have gotten a free night yet, but should see within a couple of months after your annual fee comes through this year. IIRC for most people it showed up in their Marriott account early in the month about 2 months later.