FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Devaluation Time - New Award Chart Effective 24 January 2019
Old May 30, 2019, 8:34 am
BLTraveler

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
​​​​​​

Well, tried calling today to get the flight switched. While she did find availability for the flight she informed me they have since changed the amount of miles required to book that award. She stated the ticket would need to be reissued and it would be required to add an addition 5,000 miles per ticket. Yikes! So I explained it has been only 2 weeks since the devaluation and hoped they could extended a one time courtesy since I have already booked this flight, just wanted to make a small change. She then stated that they have been very strict with this and that it will require the additional miles. I politely asked if I might speak to a supervisor and see if they could extended the courtesy. She said she would send a special request, but actually said she doubted they would be willing to switch. So, she mentioned she would call me back in a couple of days to inform me of the decision.

Not looking good, but we will see.
Did they ever get back to you? I just called to have the carrier changed from ET to TK and they said I would have to pay an additional 7K miles for the same dates/destination.