FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Travel [corporate travel policy discussion at interview?]
Old May 30, 2019, 3:35 am
DoctorCopper

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by W213Sal
Short term I won't have a problem with Y, if the role is exactly what I want (still exploring this and this comes first of course), but long term I don't know, specially on overnight flights from west coast, even these days I book my holidays in W so i can UUA into J

I will probably say something along the lines of "Since I understand there will be a lot of travel involved, I was wondering what the travel and short term relocation policy is for the company" and then if its Y only, I will try and get it up to W, and bring up productivity while traveling as a lot of airlines don't offer wifi in the air or on the ground if you're travelling down the back, and we should minimize billable unproductive hours to the client.
The above implies, given your stated travel pattern, that you will be working on o/night flights. Is that really the case? I know people do but that's usually an exception. Also minimising billable hours might be in the client's favour, but not necessarily that of your potential employer.

Doc Copper