View Single Post
Old May 30, 19, 2:37 am
easy_money

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Unfortunately, yes. Pretty sure that's the general rule across all hotel programs AFAIK. Looking at the Hyatt T&C's for earning points, it specifically points out that in order for a member to earn points, it must be in the member's name. The below excerpt was pulled from Hyatt website.

3. Charges Billed to Member. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Memberís name and the Member must personally pay for all charges (i.e., the charges are paid by the Member in cash, using a payment device for which the Member is the named account holder or an authorized signatory, or are billed back to Memberís company or organization for payment and are not settled to a master account/posting master). A Member will only earn points for qualifying charges after the Member completes his/her stay and is checked out of the applicable hotel, resort, or other participating property.

Did you not have a CC on file with Hyatt? Many times, I don't even check out unless I have issues with charges on my room. I just leave and hotels will just auto check you out after a certain time and charge your CC on file.