FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trick to make non qualifying stay count towards promo?
Old May 29, 2019, 8:53 pm
pjcflip

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Club Carlson, Choice, UAL, Delta, AA, Alaska
I just learned the hard way how poorly IHG treats its loyal members with fine print exceptions including the group rate. I stayed 7 nights back to back in two continenents for conferences, booking direct through the hotel to get the group rate and paying at the end of the stay myself. Neither were considered qualifying and 1500 room dollars of spend worth nothing in terms of points and keeping my spire status. I havent experienced this at Hilton or Marriott when I use them for conference rates. Even the hotels when I checked in indicating they were 'qualified' stays but I only got the incidentals for points and nothing towards accelerate.

Im so disappointed with IHG , treating this as if its a priceline type of deal. There is no incentive to stay at their properties and I dont know when something is going to end up being non-qualified... My business is going elsewhere! Spire benefits in general are subpar to HIlton or Marriott in my view as well, no lounge, no breakfast unless its a property that provides it to all. LAME!