FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Icelandair Flight Questions/Issues
Old May 29, 2019, 7:42 pm
RJS5689

JetBlue Icelandair Flight Questions/Issues

A few months ago while planning my trip from JFK to KEF, I learned that JetBlue and Icelandair had become partners. I ended up booking my Icelandair flight through JetBlue because there was a cost savings rather than booking direct through Icelandair. Well, now is where the technical issues have begun. I wasn't able to pick a seat, so I called JetBlue who told me to call Icelandair. Great, Icelandair was able to assign my seat for me.

Tonight, I called Icelandair to see if any first class seats were available on my flight. They said they were, but I would need to call JetBlue to have them make the change since it was booked through them. I called JetBlue and they said they have no access to the Icelandair database to make this change and that Icelandair would have to do it. I keep getting the runaround from both companies. Okay, no big deal, I can keep my current class assignment. There was also a conflict as to the seat my paperwork says I was assigned vs what's on record with Icelandair.

When trying to manage my flight through the JetBlue app, I am unable to get to the manage section (also where I'd go to check in before the flight). I enter my booking confirmation and last name, then attempt to press "manage flight" and nothing happens. Has anyone else run into this? I'd like to make sure all the necessary information is entered and up to date.

When I asked the airlines if I could add a checked bag to my fare, I was told I would have to do this at the airport... odd.

Since booking, I have received a Known Traveler Number. Any ideas on whether or not I call JetBlue or Icelandair to have this added to my flight details?

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this upcoming flight going smoothly. Can anyone offer some information or advice on this scenario? Thanks!