FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Probably not new procedure...but I missed it...feel free to merge
Old May 29, 2019, 1:36 pm
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I note this from a TR of mine last year. OK, it was a Titan crew, LGW-MLA, but it shows how it can go wrong ...

Pushback on the dot of 0615, airborne at 0630, and eventually at 0710 our drinks orders were taken. It seemed clear that one of the CC looking after the 9 rows of CE was either fairly new, or unfamiliar with BA’s service procedures. He took our orders, went back to the galley where his colleague placed them on a tray, and then delivered them to us. He then went to 1D/F, took their order, back to the Galley … and rinse and repeat for a total of 18 journeys back and forth. After 15 minutes he had completed half of Row 3!!

Meanwhile, the BoB trolley working ET was obviously blocking the aisle, so the ET pax formed a queue in my foot-space for the single front lavatory, as they couldn’t access the 2 at the rear.

At 0745, my notes tell me, we received our Breakfast trays. Row 2 got theirs at 0800. It seems that all 9 rows were served by 0845. Standard BA ‘great British Breakfast’ … no further comment needed!