FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations on reaching Silver
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 9:02 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Ten years ago I was on a 6 sector flight with BA and booked 4 of them in WT+. The LHR-WAW sectors were just Economy. No matter on the return from WAW the flight was delayed for 1.5 hours bacause there was a bag on board but no associated pax in that flight. It took 1,5 hours to sort and I arrived in LHR too late to connect with my LHR-YYZ flight in WT+ Naturally BA put me up for the night and booked me on the next flight to YYZ.
Next day a red light at LHR check in for the flight to YYZ. WTH?? Seems I was upgraded to CW. Thanks BA. Had a nice flight on the upped deck of a 747 with plenty of brandy. First time in CW and on BA's dime.
Return from YYZ to LHR? Upgraded again by the CSD because there were crying kids next to me. Then also on the LHR-DXB connecting flight.
BA hooked my flying soul. I fly on BA in WT+ usually, but sometimes upgrade to CW - like my IB and CA flights LIS-MAD-LHR-YYZ. Return YYZ-LHR in WT+ and then LHR-CDG in Bus.

Yup, still enjoy flying BA even when I am paying "on my dime". Always honest service instead of the plastic service of some airlines - who for now will remain nameless...