FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2019 IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old May 29, 2019, 7:33 am
SpammersAreScum

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Diamond; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by perkerkeem
Hey everyone, thanks in advance. I’m flying LGA-DFW-SYD on an F award tomorrow. All the storms in the forecast for the DFW area are starting to spook me on my chances of landing in time to make my connection.

If I misconnect at DFW due to being held on the ground at LGA for too long, should I put my foot down about AA reaccom’ing me on the followings day’s QF8/QF12 provided there are enough seats for sale in F? Or because QF is not a JBA partner is it highly unlikely for me to be reaccom’ed that way and I should cave to whatever they can offer in J (probably AA125 via HKG or AA72)? Flying first is very important to me as this is a very special occasion, so I would really like to fly the class of service I purchased.
If the bad weather delays your DFW arrival, your departure flight would likely be delayed for the same reason; cancellation, on the other hand, would be a problem. What time is your scheduled DFW arrival? Have you heard anything since posting this?

I am in a similar boat. I'm scheduled to arrive in DFW from TPA at 8PM, continuing on to Tokyo tomorrow afternoon (the joys of flying on a SAAver ticket). All in Biz. So I can handle a substantial delay, but a cancellation could still be a problem. I tried to be proactive and asked now for rerouting though ORD, leaving tomorrow AM and arriving in Tokyo about the same time, which appears to have Biz seats both legs. ORD-NRT is JL-operated, though. So with the the JL + award problem, I got the expected "no can do without extra miles unless/until cancellation actually happens".

UPDATE: Previous call got through almost immediately. I just got the expected alert, and just like that there's a "2+ hour" wait on the phone line. As far as I can tell on FlightView, AA has ~50% cancellation on domestic flights scheduled to arrive at DFW ~1600, and the 1540 arrival from TPA is cancelled as well; and AA claims the 1534 TPA-DFW departure is still scheduled. And plenty of other airlines seem to be mostly uncancelled. Best option I have in TPA-DFW in the AM, but Econ. So I just don't know what to do.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; May 29, 2019 at 10:54 am Reason: update