FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]
Old May 29, 2019, 7:00 am
paolo64

Originally Posted by catocony
I'm considering staying here in July. Can anyone update the current situation with the heating/cooling units, at least as it pertains to summer? Are they still shutting the AC off at night, or setting it very high temperature-wise, or is each room controlled 100% in the room?

Also, are the showers in most rooms the crappy half-glass thing instead of a full walk-in shower or just a tub/shower with a full curtain or full door/slide? Someone mentioned the half-door setup upthread, and I've simply never understood why that's somewhat common in European hotels. I suffered through it for a week in Athens a few years ago (non Marriott prop).

Also, as a Life Titanium, can you verify that breakfast is free each day in lieu of an arrival gift?
I was there at the end March/ early April. Centrally controlled heating was still on, no in-room adjustments could be made ( maybe ‘off’, I don’t recall). It was too hot for me, so I had to open the window. They still had winter weight quilts on the bed.
The standard response about heating/cooling is that it’s mandated by govt, ie not our fault. As to the veracity of that, I have no idea.
The breakfast is *ok*, nothing to write home about but worth taking in lieu of the points.
Location is the key advantage of this property. It’s not that great but the location and relatively good value make it more appealing.