FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Upper Deck blocked off BA66 PHL-LHR 28th May
Old May 29, 2019, 6:54 am
shefgab

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TCX69
The cart lift on G–BYGA is currently unserviceable. Which seems to be the reason the U/D is blocked off as no catering would be available upstairs.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On that particular sector they could probably fill UD with grateful CWers happy to get no service, no interruptions on a short overnight flight. I'm sure they could provide tea and water on request.
If it is the case that the lift is inop, then there would be NOTHING in the upper deck galley, including bins (so nowhere to put rubbish), no washbags, nowhere to stow bottles of water, nowhere to stow tea bags, nowhere to put the dirty tea cups etc. I think even tea and water wouldn't be served under the circumstances as everything would have to be brought up and down by hand. I think the only thing being carried upstairs will be the flight crew meals out of necessity. It's definitely easier to just block the cabin off, rather than have to explain (repeatedly) why tea and water aren't available.