FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Hilton or Hilton Honors Specific Questions I Can Answer?
Old May 28, 2019, 10:16 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by I_Work_For_Hilton
Hey everybody. I’m curious if there are any questions about Hilton as a company, Hilton Honors as a loyalty program, and brand-specific questions that I might be able to answer for you all. I’ve been a Hilton employee for 11 years and I think there are a lot of misunderstood expectations or brand standards and I was hoping maybe I could clear up any misconceptions.

Example: I read on a thread about the SALT surveys, that the poster didn’t understand “why Hilton would hold hotels to a high standard of 9’s and 10’s, when so few people rate at a 9-10 level” and the misconception there is that you’re punished for not having all 9s or 10s, when in reality, you’re scored on the average number of 9’s and 10’s, and not the actual rating score. Most hotels in the country average mid to high 8’s for their overall scores, but the brand average benchmark for average of 9’s and 10’s is rarely in the 80% range for any one score. Usually most scores are around 70-75% 9’s and 10’s.

So any questions you might have, I’d love to answer.

See an example of what the property sees relating to survey scores below:

I’m not sure what type of Hilton you work for, a full service, or Hi type. As someone who travels to Asia a lot, the upgrades I get in Asia are much better, as well as the service, compared to US properties. What is your criteria for complimentary upgrades (suites, etc)? By level of status or how frequent a guest they are?