FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American airlines sues mechanics unions
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 12:49 pm
BWISkyGuy

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
I'd rather my fares and suffering in Oasis benefit the workers than Doug Parker.
I'm not sure I agree with that. People throw around "Doug Parker" when they mean something more generic, so sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what someone means in their post, but considering Doug Parker doesn't draw a salary I'm going to assume you mean all shareholders when you say Doug Parker since they're in the same boat.

In that case, I think both are important. I think it's important that AA's union members have industry-leading contracts, but not to the detriment of the company. They still need to be reasonably competitive. I'm more comfortable on sacrificing on frills vs. the competition if labor gets better compensation than the competition, but AA still needs to remain a competitive investment for shareholders at the same time. ALL the money can't go to labor, and the contracts have to work on the good days and the bad days -- which sometimes is hard to see during the good days. (Ask Ed Colodny about that.)