FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)
Old May 28, 2019, 11:23 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bgriff
Can anyone remind me how to distinguish my CSR PP card from my Amex Plat PP card? IIRC the Chase one has 16 digits while the Amex one has fewer digits?

I mostly use the app to get into the lounges now anyway (which I highly recommend for anyone who isn't, btw; one less card to carry and dig out of a wallet or bag while running around the airport) and if my formulation above is correct, it appears I am using my Amex PP card in the app, so I guess I'll have to figure out how to set that up for the Chase PP card instead.

That is, unless Chase follows suit and renders the whole thing moot.
Only a single data point, but I labeled my PP cards when I got them.

Amex PP card has 11 digits, formatted as 3 digits, space, 7 digits, space, 1 digit). Mine starts with a 1.
CSR PP card has 16 digits all run together, no spaces. Mine starts with a 7.

I always get these confused with the changing rules. Am I correct now that:
- Amex Plat-supplied PP gets you+2 into the lounge, but as of August no non-lounge stuff?
- CSR-supplied PP gets you+2 into lounge, and as of right now still valid for non-lounge stuff?

It's not just restaurants that are going away. I use my PP every now and then for a Minute Suite which was a very nice thing to have.