FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 28, 2019, 10:35 am
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stinger101
Has anyone stayed on the mistake rates for the suites yet?
I have now! I booked the rate during the first "undocumented sale" in August.

A few random thoughts:
- Nobody every brought up the rate paid, questioned whether it was real, etc. To every employee, I was just a normal guest.
- Unbeknownst to me, when I booked it through Citi Prestige (to get 4th night free), they also booked through Prive. Clearly no further upgrades were available, but I did get proactive communication from a GM and had an additional $100 credit (that was applied to restaurant charges). This won't happen anymore since Citi won't book 4th night free AND Prive, it's one or the other. But if you booked in August, you might get a pleasant surprise
- Resort fee was still waived as a globalist. Parking was not, so still paid the $35/day valet charge.
- Functionally, how it works is that your prepaid amount gets "credited" to your stay, then when you check out you only pay for whatever is over that initial amount. So if you prepaid 4x$200, then your folio starts with an $800 "credit", and you pay at the hotel for whatever goes over $800.

In general, I really like this property and its location. Only ~15 minutes to Vail, Beaver Creek has a lot to offer. The hotel has a lot of great amenities and they do a lot of really fun things for kids.
- S'Mores kits (just ask the front desk). My kids forever remember this hotel by the S'Mores. The fires at night are great, regardless of whether it's hot or cold. They have both a gas outdoor "campfire" as well as wood ones.
- Kids bathrobe. I didn't know they did this originally, but saw someone else and requested it. My kids loved wearing them to/from the pools and around the hotel.
- (Suites only?) Glamping. They set up a really cute teepee, with sleeping bag(s) and a faux fire pit (cotton stuffed toys). And they give an adorable stuffed beaver with a PH BC scarf.
- Ice skating (in the summer) in the Beaver Creek village (half the rooms can see it directly behind the hotel).

They have a great buffet breakfast. Not quite Andaz Maui amazing, but pretty closely behind.
They have a fantastic gym (a relative said it's the best hotel gym they've ever been in). And it's got views of the mountain, instead of being in an oversized underground closet somewhere
They have both a heated pool and multiple hot tubs.
As expected, the views are amazing.
The employees were all very thoughtful, helpful and provided great service.