FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious kashrus problem at EL AL KDL in Heathrow T4
Old May 28, 2019, 9:10 am
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by LY777
LY being an Israeli airline, I think this is normal that they only offer Kosher meals.
People who don’t keep kosher should not mind if their meal is kosher or not.
Based on my 40 years of living in Israel, I do not believe that most Israelis eat only kosher food. To me, this would translate into most LY passengers not keeping kosher.

Certainly, there are many who do and I do not have the slightest problem with that. As someone who does not eat kosher, I may not have any religious objection to being served a kosher meal but I do mind the restrictions it places on me. It is not enough to keep me off LY (I tend to avoid it when possible for other reasons) but I will not fly long-haul on LY and generally find the food on the TLV-Europe flights to be unappetizing.

Interestingly, back in the days when I sat in the back of the bus, I would order KSML when flying Europe-USA on other airlines. The reason is that many of them offer the same kosher meals for both coach and front cabins. They are a compromise of being better than the usual coach meals but nowhere as good as Biz meals. Now that I fly in the front of the plane I no longer take the kosher meals.