FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
Old May 28, 2019, 8:18 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
I have a question about Touristanbul. I am interested in one of their tours around istanbul and not the hotel stay.

Am I still eligible if I book 2 separate tickets, with turkish airlines. I need to do so as the award flight to Asia is available only from IST onwards. My plan is to book 2 tickets with Turkish Airlines.

The first from AMS to IST with Turkish, connecting with another flight form IST to SIN, also with Turkish Airlines. I am planning a break of 8-10 hours between the flights and was wondering if I am eligible for one of the tours.

Thanks in advance for your help.
If you buy two separate tickets, you won't be a connecting passenger in reality. I am not sure if they check eligibility by e-ticket numbers or PNR's. If they do, the answer would be no. However, there is nothing stated in the Touristanbul website.

Somebody with a recent experience would be helpful in this case.