FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help for Air China award tickets
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 7:04 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by jfeng0039
I heard Air china is not a good airline, but I'm traveling to beijing and air china is the only direct airline from LAX to Beijing. I hope everything going well this time.
There were some fradulent transactions involving Air China awards. I don't believe any of these were issued by partner airlines. More likely this was some sort of travel agent scam involving Air China issued tickets.

Tickets issued through Lifemiles have never had this problem. Nor those issued through United.

Air China is perfectly fine as an airline. The only downside is perhaps the catering, which is not really at the same standard as Singapore Airlines, Turkish or Thai. But it is certainly equal to someone like United for example.

I have flown Air China many times - never once had cause for complaint. The crew are usually great.

I can relate to the lack of information though... friends had their flight downgraded from a 777 with first class to a 787 without, and no one told them. But we sorted it out in the end. It's just one of those things with booking a ticket through a partner. Communications can get lost.

So just keep an eye on your ticket once a week to make sure it's all in order.

Enjoy your flight!