FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old May 28, 2019, 6:24 am
Cambo

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by the_emerald
Just got off the 27th CX254 flight. A pleasant surprise was that I missed the breakfast service and they still brought me food 35 minutes before landing. Dinner wasn't too shabby too. I noticed that the FA was still using pen/paper to jot down who's eating what - I thought they moved to tablets? Also, no sign of the breakfast sheet that you hang somewhere ...
Not on CX254, other EU destination, though I did have a similar experience, waking up some 40 minutes or so before ETA and I still go my full breakfast without any grumble, and even better I got it offered spontaneously.

Maybe, they have internal records of me, being a nice guy towards CX

The table vs. paper/pen: It was me who reported that, based on my interaction with the ISM, though it would be introduced early may on the HKG-BOS flight. Though, they also did have tech issues, because the table got out of range of the on board service network and the FA does have to go back to the galley to let the table re-sync, etc. I forgot to ask whether this application would be an "on-line" (ie GUI only on the table) or an "off-line" one (ie some intelligence on the tablet to temporary store the input). Sorry about that. Let me try to get to know that next week or so